Pages - Menu

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

If I could talk to the animals

We've recently catalogued some Doctor Dolittle books by Hugh Lofting.  The books' bindings themselves are nothing special to write home about, basically grey cloth, a little mottling, fading, darkened spine, that kind of thing. But when I opened them up I found they had really colourful decorated end-papers.  I'm one for colour - so I thought you'd like to see. They are really stylish aren't they? And the best thing - Hugh Lofting did the illustrations himself - what a cool cat!

Doctor Dolittle's Caravan by Hugh Lofting 

Doctor Dolittle's Return by Hugh Lofting

Doctor Dolittle's Garden by Hugh Lofting

Doctor Dolittle's Zoo by Hugh Lofting
The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting

The Twilight of Magic by Hugh Lofting


No comments: